Become a LFDC Family Day Care Educator
Build your own childcare business, in your own home while helping children get a great start.
Are you an educator (or interested in becoming one) who is passionate about the wonderful foundation that play–based learning can provide children?
Would you like to start your own business, while receiving a high level of ongoing support and mentoring from LFDC to navigate the requirements, all while earning a great income?
For educators who operate a quality service, with the benefits can be amazing:
- Great educators can earn up to $40 – $70 per hour*
- Flexible to choose your own hours and days (3 days is usually a minimum)
- Decide, develop then deliver your play-based learning program (while meeting the National Quality Framework requirements).
- Earn an income while studying (some conditions apply)
Launceston Family Day Care can offer you:
- An experienced, dedicated educator support team who will mentor and guide you through the registration process and thereafter.
- Ongoing support, guidance and mentoring around meeting regulatory requirements.
- Mentoring and support to deliver a quality service.
- Excursions and play catchups to grow your knowledge while meeting other Launceston Family Day Care educators.
- Ongoing professional development and resources to further grow your skills, and enhance children’s play-based learning
- We provide resources, templates, forms and documentation support.
- Support to meet Education and Care Regulatory Authority requirements
- Proactive support to secure enrolments for educators by advertising and promoting our services throughout our local community
- Information about starting your own business.
- Own or rent a house suited to Family Day Care. We can do a confidential, obligation–free initial house assessment.
- Enjoy creating great relationships with both children and their families, and
- Passionate about helping children thrive
- Understand how to support children to meet their social, emotional, physical and educational needs
- Have education and care philosophies that align with Launceston Family Day Care’sPhilosophy
- Excited to build your own exciting business opportunity
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education (or above). OR studying towards an ACECQA approved child care qualification.
- A current Working with Vulnerable People Check (employment)
- A current National Police Check
- Child Care First Aid (including CPR, Asthma & Anaphylaxis
Training (or ability to complete) in Child Protection, Food Safety & Safe Sleeping
More about us
- Find out more about Launceston Family Day Care on our website
- LFDC are part of Adventure Patch – find out more about them here
Contact Launceston Family Day Care for further information (no obligation, confidential)
- To request a Prospective Educator’s Pack including LFDC’s Educator Handbook
- Request an initial home suitability assessment.
Note: As you would expect, capacity to earn a great income from Family Day Care relies on the quality of the service, environment and play-based learning opportunities you offer, as well as your geographic location and local demand for care. Feel free to discuss this further with LFDC.